Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shopping at Solestruck

A few weeks ago I visited Solestruck on a quest to find some new flashy shoes. I'm always looking for new selections, new places to shop. My goal was to purchase a pair of shoes I could wear to work and out, that were sparkly or special in some way--a visual pick-me-up to invigorate my collection. Viola:


Joannah, from Betseyville by Betsey Johnson. $94.95

My shopping experience on the site was effortless and rewarding, as I clearly found exactly what I was looking for, at a great price. I discovered user-friendly pages with great photo quality and descriptions of the shoes, plus easy navigation that made browsing and checkout a breeze. But of course, range is one of my favorite must-have features, and I was pleased by the variety of brands Solestruck offers, including Clarks, Jessica Simpson, Franco Sarto and Steve Madden. And I love that they carry three of my fave brands, Irregular Choice, Bronx, and Betseyville. (Check them out, they really exemplify the kind of quirky shoe I favor. Not every online store carries any of these, much less all three.) Everything at Solestruck is about mid-price-point, and easily affordable for the average shoe shopper. The Sale section is well-stocked, and Free Shipping is available on every order.

I wore my new beauties out on Saturday night and got loads of compliments from my envious friends, and I felt feminine and flirty while wearing them. Definitely a confidence boost. After being out for several hours and bar-hopping, I had no complaints about the comfort--which is almost unbelievable for new shoes! (In case you're wondering, I wore them with dark jeans and a black ballerina-style bateau-neck top. The shoes are such show-stoppers that I was a little puzzled how to wear them, and ended up wearing basics so that the shoes could really shine. But I promise to get brave and creative for next time! Any suggestions?)

In sum, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this site, and you can expect to see some of the great deals featured on Style Bard Shoes from now on. I will be shopping at Solestruck again, and I recommend that you should too.

You can also check out the Solevoice blog for hot picks, news and even free giveaways.

No comments: