Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Style Bard Faves

The original Style Bard is kicking off Style Bard Faves, a 5-part series running five consecutive Wednesdays in which the Style Bard lists her favorite products in beauty and fashion. For the Third Anniversary kick-off, Style Bard wrote about...shoes! Here's an excerpt:

"First up: (what else?) shoes. I've been writing about shoes on an almost-daily basis at Style Bard Shoes for almost two years, since March 2007. That's 756 shoes in 730 days! Naturally, it's a little hard to pick out a selection of five favorites (and I have maternal guilt about all the hundreds I had to overlook). Yet, here they are:

5) The fourth runner-up out of the five favorite shoes I've come across in the past three years is actually the hardest to choose. Picking out your favorites is easy, but narrowing down the last one to make the cut is tricky. Should I choose another pair of whimsical knee-high boots? Boots are my favorite style of shoe. Should I feature something with a zipper? Style Bard readers know that I'm a sucker for some zipper detailing on a shoe. How about the quintessential Jimmy Choo mid-heel black patent slingbacks, which every girl needs in her shoe armoire? But no. Finally I decided that I needed to choose a flashy, bright, dress-up shoe, the likes of which I'll never be able to buy in real life--something to add balance to the dark, gothic, S&M, romantic shoes I tend to favor. And that's [...]"

Visit the full post at Style Bard to see what brands and styles made the cut for Style Bard Faves. (I know, I'm such a tease.)

No comments: