Monday, August 10, 2009

Ask Style Bard



Hi,

I fell in love with a shoe when I was only 12 years old. That was a very long time ago, and have never seen this shoe or one like it until Donna Karan came out with my updated shoe a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it. Only one BIG catch. It was almost $600, way too much for my pocketbook. It has since been reduced to under $300, still pricey for me, but I may have no choice. Again, a problem. I am a size 6 and I can't find it smaller than an 8. This is a one-of-a-kind shoe. It is named black patent xenon oxide 1/4 strap mary jane. #874870. Can you help me?

Thank you
B. Murray


Ms. Murray,

Unfortunately I've been unable to find this exact shoe for you in your size--and believe me, I tried! Nothing touches my heart the same way as a story of lost or unattainable love...especially when it's a shoe. We've all been there. Here are a few options you might also like (though I know it's not the same):

Danby Wine Patent
Danby Wine Patent by Vaneli for Jildor

Tania by Claudia Ciuti

Saphire by Calvin Klein

The first ones are my personal faves. Readers--if you come upon this shoe in a size 6 (or if you fine more similar shoes), would you be so kind as to leave a comment?

Appreciatively,
~SB

No comments: