1. Women own 17 pairs of shoes on average.
2. Women spend an average of $49 per pair of shoes.
3. Only about one-third of women have ever spent more than $100 on new shoes.
4. 29% of American women buy shoes online; four years ago, only 14% were buying shoes online.
5. 48% of women have had a shoe-related injury; 24% because of falling.
6. 39% of online shoe purchases are returned.
7. 39% of women prefer flats over any other heels, while 8% regularly wear heels over 2.5 inches high.
8. One-fourth of women have ever worn 4" heels or higher, but 60% are willing to sacrifice comfort for beauty and height (compared to 41% in 2007).
9. 28% of women think shoes are an important part of their outfits, but 51% notice what shoes other women are wearing.
10. About one-fifth of women have shopped to cheer themselves up.