Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anne Hathaway's Red Carpet Shoes

Anne Hathaway brought some old-style glamour to the 63rd Annual Tony Awards in New York


As I was perusing pictures from the Tony Awards last night, one actress in particular caught my eye: Anne Hathaway. Always Best Dressed, Hathaway looked stunning in a classic look: the LBD and red shoes. Not just any LBD, but a delicate strapless number by Oscar de la Renta. Naturally, it was the shoes that caught my eyes. Of course, a satin peep-toe in red is almost always going to be knock-out, so I decided to see how they compared to her other red carpet shoes. And my half-cocked theory turned out to be true--Anne Hathaway is a toe-show-er! What I mean is, time and time again, she's confident to show off her perfect pedicures in a pair of open-toe or peep-toe shoes.

Here's a look from February, at the Independent Film Awards:

2009 Film Independent Spirit Awards - Arrivals


And here's one from the October 2008 ELLE Magazine Women in Hollywood Tribute:

15th Annual Women In Hollywood Event - Arrivals


But my favorites might just be these complicated beauties from the premiere of Rachel Getting Married:

Premiere Of Rachel Getting Married - After Party - TIFF 2008


Evidence from earlier years includes the following:



Thus confirming my suspicions that Anne Hathaway is proud of her petite little feet and her well-cared-for toes. Somehow, this only makes me like her more.

[Guest written for and cross-posted to www.Shudoo.com. Check it out for an affordable version of Hathaway's red carpet shoes.]

No comments: