Sunday, March 1, 2009

Win Free Shoes from Shoebuy

Guess what? On March 18th, 2009, the original Style Bard blog turns 3 years old! That means that its baby sister, Style Bard Shoes, is honorarily turning 2 years old. To celebrate both of these amazing anniversaries, Style Bard Shoes has partnered with www.Shoebuy.com for a fun contest with one grand prize winner and four runners-up.

How to Enter:

From March 1st, 2009 - March 17th, 2009 you can send me an email at stylebard(a)gmail.com and take a quick shoe personality test.

Answer the following three questions:

1) My favorite pair of shoes is__________.
(Which pair in your wardrobe can you not live without?)

2) The pair of shoes I wish I had are_________.
(You can link me to a real pair, or make up your own with color, heel height and style!)

3) In one sentence, I would describe myself as________.
(Tell me something about yourself. Are you a mountain climber? A knitter? An accountant? Die-hard Sudoku enthusiast? Battlestar Gallactica fan?)

The Prize:

Five responses will be picked to win! Winners will be featured in a blog entry suggesting 3-5 shoes picked by the Style Bard to match your unique style—just like free psychoanalysis. That’s why it’s called Shoe Psyche, and it’s the newest feature here at Style Bard Shoes.

The best response will receive a $50.00 certificate to spend at Shoebuy on new shoes! Shoebuy has over 1,000 brand-name shoes available for less than $35, so you can probably buy two pairs with that amount. Plus, there's always Free Shipping and Free Returns from Shoebuy, so there won't be any hidden costs when you claim your prize. You can buy one of the pairs I've picked out for you, or anything you fancy. Four runners-up will also get their Shoe Psyche analyzed on Style Bard Shoes, as well as a 10% discount off their next purchase at Shoebuy.

The winners will be announced during anniversary festivities on March 18th, 2009. The grand prize winner will see their personality survey posted in the first official Shoe Psyche blog post. The four runner-up entries will be featured every Sunday thereafter (with your special discount codes emailed to you on the same day).

More about Shoe Psyche:

Shoe Psyche is much like the Shoe Hunt! feature already available on Style Bard Shoes. With Shoe Hunt!, you can email me anytime to ask for help locating a certain kind of shoe (red shoes) or shoes for a certain occasion (wedding shoes), or shoes within your budget (black winter boots under $100). Then I'll put in the virtual legwork, browsing through hundreds and hundreds of options from several online retailers to provide up to 20 shoe options that fit your needs. While Shoe Hunt! is more like a scavenger hunt for me, Shoe Psyche is more like a game for you--it's a meme about shoes! How much of your personality is expressed by the shoes you wear? You might be surprised to find out what kind of shoes match your psyche.

I think this new feature is going to be a lot of fun for everyone. But especially for the five winners, of course! So let's begin: start sending me your personality surveys and I'll start trying to hook you up with some clever shoes. Remember, your deadline is St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this contest and hope I win!